Monday, July 7, 2008

The Power of Satan

Over the past few weeks I have been taken back by the evil that is running wild in the world. The number of divorces in my realm alone have increased by two. Friends and family are giving up on their families and walking away. Another dear close friend made choices that led him to be taken to county jail for a period of 9 months.

It is so easy to be distracted by the world and let it consume you. Selfishly throwing off what you once valued as your prize possession for something newer and cooler. I see this in my oldest son as well. He is always throwing out his latest electronic gadget because a new updated groovier version has just come out and he HAS to have it right now.

We are caught up in a world that moves fast. Moves fast to update and bring out a NEW thing to waste our money and time to consume it. It seems marriages are treated in the same fashion. It isn't working, its too hard, or we fall out of love. Even I am tempted at times to leave it all behind for a seemingly easier path. I am not exempt.

I also get caught up in the need for the NEW thing and don't take care of my financial situation and budget. I have never been good with money. If I have money I spend it and then its gone. I don't delay gratification.

In my own life lately I have let a different darkness and distraction consume me. Unhappiness and depression. I let the seeds of self-doubt and unworthiness rule my thoughts. I know this to be another of "The Dark ones" devices to distract me from doing and being all I can in God's kingdom. It seems once he finds his way in he infect all aspect of your life and tries to destroy you on many levels.

There is hope. There is light. Because, I know we are all given divine gifts and talents and its is up to us to fulfill all we can be. This is where Satan playground begins. He doesn't want us to reach our potential. He doesn't want us to use our gifts for good. He wants to distract us with his tools and devices of this world.

As I sat recently in a Holy Place and contemplated all these things I felt the weight of the darkness in the world. The pressure pushed me to tears and I could not stop. I cried out, "its too hard Lord. How can we come out in the positive? How can we win this war? There seems to be no way." Despair took hold of my heart.

Then the whispers from God came. The tender touch of His voice to my mind. "I am with you. It is hard but I am near and I will carry this load for a while. You only need to come unto me and I will make your burden light."

As I let the peace flow through me I was grateful indeed to be able to attend to my spirit and to quiet my mind in a way that allowed God to speak to my heart and mind. I know He is real. I know He loves us. I know He will aid us in our darkest hour. I also know the this statement to be true...

"As powerful as the darkness of Satan is, the POWER of God is even stronger!"

I urge you to let Him in. Pray for Him to attend you and your loved ones in these dark days. I fear they will only get darker and the only way our burdens can be lightened is to STAY CLOSE to GOD.

With Love, J.B.

1 comment:

Kateenie said...

Thanks for this post. I need to adjust my priorities and take more time to be reflective.