Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just Pray and Read your Scriptures

It's a very simple concept. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we are taught the great importance of Praying and reading your scriptures daily. It's so ingrained in us that it is easy to take it for granted. I have been reading the Book of Mormon regularly since January 08. I am enjoying every moment.

I have been recently reminded that we can also invite the spirit of the Holy Ghost and invite the Savior into our life in a huge way by doing these two simple activities. When life seems difficult and the answers are hard to find, take a moment and read the scriptures. Often if you read long enough and prayerfully God will speak to you and your life through the things you are reading. I plan to be a little more serious about my study and listen a little closer. With all the tough things facing us in the world today it is imperative that we remain in Gods grasp.

I can testify that reading the scriptures and praying often has brought me closer to God through-out my life at various times. I have felt peace and a tender love from God and I have had clarity of mind in finding answers to tough life questions. I urge you to test it. You will not be disappointed.

No comments: