Sunday, July 18, 2010

Launching of Mormon.org


Today at church a member of the High Counsel(a priesthood holder who is assigned to visit a ward and bring a message from the Stake President who governs in behalf of the Prophet) talked to us about the new launch of Mormon.org There is a way to now share our lives about being Mormon. You set up a profile that can be matched up with people who have questions about the Church, and that have life similarities. Below I have shared what I posted on my profile. If you have questions I encourage you to search the site and find someone you can identify with...that might be able to answer your questions from a view point that you live.

About Me

I am a wife, a mother, a mima a.k.a grandmother and a teacher. My faith in God, Jesus Christ and the Latter-day Saint Church has carried me throughout my life. It has made me who I am and gotten me through some really tough times.

I enjoy painting in my spare time, something I don't have much of. I enjoy children and working with youth. I love to read and write. I also enjoy cooking.

I believe in the light in all people. I see great potential in all of Gods Children. We as humanity have an innate ability to create and become great. The key is to tap into Gods plan for our individual lives. We can accomplish all things through Him.

Why I am a Mormon

I was born and raised a member of the Mormon church.

However, like many others I had a period of my life that took me away from the church. During this time of my life I really questioned all I had been raised to believe. It was those questions and the journey God allowed me to travel that converted me to truly know that the Mormon message is God's message.

I felt it. I felt it deep in my heart. As I searched and learned what being Mormon really meant I found a peace and understanding that cannot be described. You must truly feel it for yourself. It won't just come to you. You have to be searching, praying and asking God to show to you the truth. He knows you, just as He knows me. He will answer your questions. He will show you the way.


How I live my faith


My faith is my life. It guides me, supports me, and gives me light in a dark world. My faith isn't something that I just attend to on Sunday. Although, Sunday is a special day for me to rejuvenate my soul. It is a day that I spend three hours each week listening, seeking and enjoying the spirit of God.

In my home I have personal scripture study time, we write in journals, pray at every meal. We also enjoy Family Home Evening on Monday nights. We come together as a family, sing, pray and have a lesson...sometimes my children teach that lesson. Then we enjoy treats and games. It's a special day that brings us altogether.

I teach the young women in my ward. It is a calling that I accept without pay. I plan and prepare lessons. I am greatly rewarded for my efforts. I learn so much and enjoy the youth of the world. They are truly amazing. They believe in the truth and live their lives in positive ways.

I try to live everyday in a way that would be pleasing to God. I represent the light of the Savior Jesus Christ. He is my friend and my brother and I am ever thankful for His sacrifice. I make an effort to live and walk in His footsteps.

I am not perfect. I struggle as does everyone who is human. But, my faith gives me focus. Without that focus I walk in darkness. Jesus Christ is my light and He can be yours.

No comments: