Friday, May 2, 2008

My Story

I guess to begin this new blog I should start with a little about me. I have been a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints all my life. I went to seminary beginning my 9th grade year of school. Seminary is a class they offer to LDS students where they learn more about religion during school off of school campus. I loved it. I bore my testimony regularly from the age of 10. There has been a driving pull towards the warmth that comes from the life of Jesus Christ for most of my life.

Does that mean life has been perfect and blissful. No not at all. This life is a time when we prepare to meet God. Which ultimately means life is hard, as it should be. We learn most from life when it is difficult. Think about it...the harder we work to earn something, the more we give our very best, the more we invest, the more rewarding the outcome. So, why wouldn't mortality be the same. Life is meant to test us and we must give our personal best to become all God would have us be.

At various points in my life I have been given two roads to take. I have not always chosen the higher road. By higher I mean the pathway of light, the road that God would have me take. I took the path of least resistance. I went the way of the world. Not something I am proud of. However, I have learned so much because of my travels.

I won't go into all the dark places I have been here. I will state that there is much darkness in the world. It is a dead end. A road with little fleeting joys. A very important life lesson I have learned is to focus on the positive. Let go of the past. Keeping one foot in the mistakes of days gone will only keep us grounded in pain. If we focus on the negative then everything is dark all the time.

My focus here is to share the redeeming Grace of the Lord, the gift of repentance, and the beauty that life holds when we correct our lives. I am blessed daily for choosing to return to the pathway of light. I am in a better place now. It has been difficult but I have never been alone. God loves me and he loves you.

Because of my belief in a higher power, which was developed as a child by my growth in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I have always been aware of my Savior. I am thankful for the knowledge I have of the Life of Christ, His example, His redeeming sacrafice, and His love for me. I am thankful for goodly parents who helped me to see, taught me to feel, and opened a world of light to me when I was young.

I long to share this light with others and offer my heart here to those who might long to find purpose in their life. Without my testimony of the truthfulness of the teaching of the LDS church I would still be a wanderer in a lonely and dark world. Thankfully I am not. Thankfully, I have the light and long for you to have it to.

1 comment:

Kateenie said...

You have a beautiful testimony. Thanks for sharing it.